Thursday, March 26, 2009

Are you a 1st Peter G.O.G.?

Hey G.O.G.'s!

As I was reading a magazine online today, I came across a scripture reference of 1st Peter chapter 3. When I read what it said, I was like "whoa!" I had this reaction because although I have read it previously, it never stuck out to me before the way it did today. It reads:

3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful.

So,I asked myself, am I a 1st Peter G.O.G.? Am I keeping up with the beautiful women in the G.O.G. genealogy? I mean, we've had great examples set for us in the past, haven't we? From the gorgeous and courageous Esther, to the faithful Ruth and humble Mary and Martha, the beauty of each of these G.O.G.'s was evident. From birth, we are created to be the apple of God's eye.


This is the way FaBeauty views fashion and beauty. Fashion is to express outward beauty, which is to be a cursor pointing to what lies inside. The scripture says that beauty in a girl is of great worth in God's sight; the kind of beauty described in this scripture, that is. This type of spiritual beauty is the only thing that matters to God.

Most of us have discovered by now that nice jewelry, impeccable make-up and fashionable clothes are impressive to man, but it all means nothing to God.
~
It is only when your outward beauty is backed-up with the spiritual beauty that your appearance begins to stand for something.

So what does your beauty and style stand for?
If your answer is nothing, then you may need a make-over. We hope that our generation of women will move past the common standard of beauty, and seek the real definition of beauty, according to our Creator. So what's the verdict? Are you a 1st Peter G.O.G.? We hope so!
~Have a Fabulous Weekend!
xoxo,
FaBeauty

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/29/2009

    Yea, this is awesome. I have also read this scripture before, but like you, it's never stuck out quite like this! Love this post because as a woman of God it definitely gives me something to not only think about, but to aspire to. So my prayer is that I will become more like the G.O.G. referenced in this particular scripture! Thanks fabeauty for another amazing post.

    ReplyDelete

So, What do you think?